Who We Are:
The Thank Me Later Foundation is a 501(c)(3) that transforms the lives of Black families for generations and impacts the racial wealth divide through legacy planning. We spearhead Black Women Will, an initiative that educates communities about estate planning and creates solutions for them to complete their legal documents for free.
We are gearing up for the 4th annual Black Women Will Homecoming event this fall in Atlanta, and we hope to host a smaller BWW event in Jacksonville, Florida this summer to extend our reach. During our signature event, we partner with legal and government organizations, as well as attorney, notary and paralegal volunteers, to complete wills and healthcare directives for select women for free in an upbeat environment that celebrates them for leaving their legacy.
This year we hope to help 250 Black women transfer $87M+ worth of assets by completing their will. We need an experienced Corporate Sponsor / Fundraising Manager to help us secure funding so we can reach this goal!
The Thank Me Later Foundation is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Corporate Sponsor / Fundraising Manager to join our dynamic team. This role is pivotal in securing corporate sponsorships and managing fundraising initiatives to support our organization's mission and objectives, including our signature initiative Black Women Will.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in cultivating corporate relationships, executing successful fundraising campaigns, and achieving revenue targets. This position requires strategic thinking, excellent communication skills, and a passion for driving positive change through effective fundraising efforts.
- Leads the foundation’s goal to generate of $250K+ of revenue from multiple sources of income (i.e. corporate sponsorships, foundation fundraising, government programs, etc.)
- Develop and implement multi-year commitment strategies to identify, cultivate, and secure funding in alignment with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Manage all aspects of the sponsorship lifecycle, including contract negotiations, activation planning, and fulfillment of sponsorship benefits.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with corporate partners, including initiating contact, conducting meetings, and negotiating sponsorship agreements.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create compelling sponsorship proposals and customized partnership packages tailored to meet the needs of corporate sponsors.
- Analyze existing sponsorship materials to determine if there are additional sponsorable assets
- Ideate on opportunities to generate additional funding from existing partnerships
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of sponsorship activities, and work with internal teams to create reports for stakeholders.
- Lead and coordinate fundraising campaigns, events, and initiatives to generate revenue and support organizational programs.
- Develop and execute fundraising strategies to engage individual donors, corporate donors, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with marketing and communications teams to develop promotional materials, fundraising appeals, and donor recognition initiatives.
- Stay informed about industry trends, best practices, and emerging opportunities in corporate sponsorship and fundraising.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or a related field. Advanced degree or certification in fundraising management is a plus.
- Proven experience (3-5 years) in corporate sponsorship, fundraising, or partnership development, preferably within the nonprofit sector or a related industry.
- Candidates must already have strong existing corporate relationships with national and local brands. Please share a portfolio or resume with past sponsorship experience.
- Demonstrated success in securing and managing corporate sponsorships, including experience in negotiation and contract management.
- Grant writing experience would be ideal.
- Skills & Characteristics:
- Ability to sell and package creative events, promotions and content to ensure win-win solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with corporate partners, donors, and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to create compelling sponsorship proposals and fundraising appeals.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop and implement effective fundraising strategies and campaigns.
- Highly organized with strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- A team player who is willing to teach others and is a pleasure to work with
- Innovative with the ability to connect with brands that are outside of the financial industry
- Desire to elevate our creative ideas and direct us into securing funding for now and the future
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with fundraising platforms, donor management software, and CRM systems is a plus.
- Passion for the organization's mission and a commitment to driving positive change through effective fundraising efforts.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed for fundraising events and activities.
- This is a commission based opportunity. We will discuss if it is 100% commission based, or if there will be a low base salary plus some commission
- Ideally the candidate is based in the metro Atlanta area, but that is not required
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
If you are interested in joining our team, please complete this brief form and attach your resume.
For questions about this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.